Note: If you don't want to read about breastfeeding/pumping, skip this post.
Okay, so last week or so I laid out my plan to quit pumping at 11 months, or when I had enough milk in the freezer so that Carson could have one breast milk bottle a day until he was 1... therefore, in theory being breastfed for the recommended year. Well, that plan has officially been nixed.
In looking at my work calendar over the next 3 weeks, there are 3 days (the first being this coming Friday), where I have a full day commitment and pumping at the office, or out in Memorial Park for our community service day, or at Minute Maid Park for an all day, "All Hands" meeting, are going to be extremely inconvenient, or pretty much impossible. So, "Operation Boob-Be-Gone" has commenced as of today. We'll for sure make it to the 11-month mark since I already have about 10 days worth in the freezer and will get several more over the next few days. Eleven months is pretty darn good in my opinion!
Wish the girls luck! I know we will all be happy to be FREE of the pump!!! Would it be inappropriate to have a party? :-)
Oh, just realized I might need some tips...Do you just go a lot longer in between? Do you just quit pumping altogether until it's unbearable and then just relieve pressure? How does this work? How long does it take?
Good luck and congrats on making it for so long!! What an accomplishment!!
ReplyDelete