Monday, June 20, 2011

Sewing Challenge - Step 1...DONE.

Don't get too excited. Step 1 just involved buying fabric and required notions for the pattern. I'm so lazy (well, that's probably not the right word) that I just went to Fabric.com and ordered everything. Yes, I wanted to get some super cute fabric, but I figured that for the first go-round at this I better stick with the "Everything's $1.95 - Clearance / Discount Fabric". That way I wouldn't feel too guilty if (I mean, when) I mess up. They actually had quite a bit of seersucker and simple, cotton blend gingham and striped fabric. So, if this does work out on the first try, it'll actually be something he can wear. I went ahead and bought several yards of "girly" fabric if I get in the mood to experiment making sweet little dresses for Miss Charlotte or for some of my friends with little girls. I'm all about free shipping, so I piled in a bunch of different fabrics, interfacing, bias-fold tape, elastic, etc.

Here's a few swatch pictures of some fabrics that would work...








Source: Swatch pics from Fabric.com

Can't you just imagine my sweet little Carson in a handmade romper/jon jon already??? :-) (Okay, I know, I really shouldn't be getting ahead of myself.)

So...if you are up to the challenge, get your pattern, get your fabric and let's DO this!!! If everything comes in this week, I'm hoping to at least get the pieces cut over the weekend. In the meantime, I plan on actually opening up the pattern and reading through everything and trying to see how all those paper thin "patterns" actually become something. If I can't visualize how this is all going to work out, I know I'm really going to have a BIG challenge on my hands.

1 comment:

  1. GO YOU. way beyond my desire to try....im too scared. i need you to inspire me!! :)

    ReplyDelete