Monday, July 16, 2012

DIY Ring Bearer Pillow

I FINALLY have another crafty project to share with you!  Woo Hoo!!!  It felt so good to finally sew something again!

Anyways, Carson was asked to be one of the ring bearers in Andrew's cousin's wedding.  I can't remember how it came about, but I ended up offering to make the pillow.  I forget if Jamie (the bride) asked or I offered.  Doesn't matter.  I was happy to do it and now had an official excuse to go to out to my sewing hideout!

I immediately got on Pinterest for ideas.  I knew the basics of making a regular pillow, but it had been YEARS since I had done it.

Here was my inspiration...

Source: kaboodle.com via Emily on Pinterest






This site was where I got the idea to make an 'envelope' pillow and also the fabric flower.  They have great step-by-step instructions!



Burlap was a kind of the theme throughout much of the wedding decor, so I knew that the pillow itself would be burlap.  I also asked for some of the green ribbon they used throughout.  I Googled "how to make a ribbon rose" and kind of winged that part, but it worked.

Here's what I came up with....




To make it more personal, I handstitched their initials onto one of the petals.

I forgot to take a picture of the back, but it looks similar to this....


You create a plain insert and then have overlapping flaps in the back... probably similar to many pillow shams.

The pillow itself was super easy to make.  The fabric flower and the rose were a little more challenging, but it was still so fun to make!  I'm glad I had the opportunity and am really happy how it turned out!!!

The wedding was a BLAST, and I am so excited for the new Mr. & Mrs. Cannon!!!  More on the wedding later...believe it or not, I didn't take too many pics because I was too busy chasing the little man around the dance floor.  He's got some moves and was definitely enjoying being the center of attention!



No comments:

Post a Comment