When an almost 2-year old is involved, a vacation is not really a vacation. I'm more tired now than I was before. It's all worth it though.... he had a blast!
A couple of my quick videos... my dad has the rest.
Yes, it was EXTREMELY windy the whole time!
The whole way home from the restaurant he kept counting "1, 2" and wanted to be thrown up in the air. I quit and enlisted my dad instead. Love, love, LOVE that sweet little voice!
The kid went a 100mph the whole time. He hardly napped no matter how worn out he should have been from swimming and playing at the beach. He wouldn't sleep in the Pack 'N Play, so Mommy and (mostly) Daddy had to sleep with him each night in a twin bed. He's never slept with us, so it definitely was a challenge, but was kind of nice at the same time. All that snuggling made him seem little again. Looks like we need to make the shift to a big boy bed here pretty soon. It sure would make traveling easier!
Preach on sister! I heard someone say it's called a "trip" when kids are involved and a vacation when you leave kids behind! :)
ReplyDeleteHa! I feel ya! Every time we travel home, I fly ahead about a week to get Carter (and myself) adjusted and over jet lag. I do this so when Daddy arrives it's a fun vacation. Yet, he thinks I'm just living it up the whole time. Umm....flying alone, adjusting a toddlers schedule within a week, being away from toys and his own bed, usually conquering a cold, not so much fun. Ha!
ReplyDeleteI saw on of those ecards on Facebook floating around about just getting to shop ALONE at Target feels more like a vacation. I'd have to agree.
BUT like you said, worth it!!
(Did I seriously just type that much? Sorry.)