For as long as I've known Andrew, it's been his dream to own a REAL bass boat.... one that makes that loud sound as it takes off and can go FAST.
In the world of bass boats, Ranger Boats is probably the leader and has been around a long time.
For a number of reasons, we didn't opt to buy a "real" fiberglass boat back in 2008 when we did buy our first (non-hunting) boat. At the time, Andrew was commuting from Baytown to Port Arthur everyday, and therefore, had purchased a 4-cylinder truck that could in NO WAY pull a big bass boat.
Our first boat was a 2007 G3 Eagle Coastal series, or a "bass & bay" boat. It was an aluminum bass boat that was also made for saltwater. That style of boat is PERFECT for where we live since we have some of the best bass fishing (@ Toledo Bend & Sam Rayburn) and best saltwater/bay fishing all just RIGHT HERE. FYI - You really shouldn't put a regular bass boat in salt water. For some reason, there aren't too many bass & bay boats out there. In the REAL (i.e. fiberglass) bass boat world, there aren't many. There especially aren't many in this area. New ones are crazy expensive (all new boats are really), and used ones just don't come up for sale very often. There always seemed to be some in Florida, but we really didn't want to drive all the way to Florida and then find out the hard way that the boat wasn't what we were expecting. And then if it was, talk about bad gas mileage pulling a boat all the way back.
Anyways, Andrew religiously checked Craigslists all over the country, southeasttexas.com, a number of fishing forums, etc. to see if his dream boat, a RANGER INTRACOASTAL, ever came available.
Lo and behold, one came up for sale in Seguin, TEXAS... yes, TEXAS, not Florida.
We jumped on it and everything fell into place, and here she is!!!!...
And she looks WAY better in person!
One proud owner!
As Andrew predicted, the first thing I said was, "It has SPARKLES!" Most bass boats have a sparkly trim, which I LOVE! So pretty!
It probably killed Andrew to have that boat at our house all day Saturday and not be able to take it out, but the weather was crummy and our babysitter wasn't available. So, Sunday after church, we took her out on her first outing....
It went FAST, way faster than I was used to!
I have to say, I was a little hesitant at first about giving the thumbs up to go ahead and buy it, but I already LOVE it and know we will make so many fun memories out on this boat. Carson is already very interested in fishing... I can't wait!!!
Lovin' it! If anyone wants to come visit and go fishing, just let us know when!
(Or, if you want to buy our old boat. Seriously.)

















Congrats to y'all! I feel like I could have written this exact post on my blog, replacing Ranger with Everglades. Big boys and their toys! Enjoy!!
ReplyDelete