Our little man is just talking away these days, but some of the things that he says/does that crack me up are:
"Come on, _______." He says Mommy, Daddy, Pops, Katy (his babysitter), or pretty much anyone he wants to do something. I have a feeling he picked this up from me. I know I am always trying to rush him out of the house and he gets distracted by something.
"Okay." It's the way he says it that makes me laugh. Very deliberate. Like he's really agreeing with whatever you ask or say to him.
"Gig 'Em Aggies." How could I not love this?!?
"My turn, my turn!" It usually is.
"Rock, Roll" (his version of Rock 'n Roll... we listen to a lot of classic rock)
A couple of the most recent Thomas episodes have had a song that was sort of "rap"-esque. He starts dancing by "raising the roof", if you will. Hilarious. Definite "white kid" dancing.
He treats his Mickey Mouse stuffed animal like a little person. He hugs, kisses, puts to sleep, tries to feed and give drinks, tells him to "eat", puts books in his lap and tells him to "read", tells him to sit next to him, etc. I guess it's like a little girl and her doll. He's also done this with Elmo and his old Muno doll from Yo Gabba Gabba... he just calls him "Gabba" though.
"I poo-poo." and "I tee tee." We're not starting potty training yet, but I'm thrilled that he's aware of these functions now. Yesterday it would have been nice if he told me BEFORE he poo poo-ed on the driveway (he had a little skinny dipping in his baby pool/running around the backyard naked session yesterday).
"Bye, Bye Jesus." He said this unprompted when we left chruch yesterday. The whole congregation probably heard him say "AMEN" too after the closing prayer. He's in the nursery during most of Mass, but we usually get him after Communion. I served Communion yesterday and when he saw me "on stage" he started yelling out "Mommy" in the happiest little voice. Thank goodness it was over, and I was just cleaning up... he doesn't understand reverence yet!
He always thinks Daddy is fishing. When I pick him up from school and we're headed home, he always says, "Daddy fishing." He loves Daddy's new "big boat."
Daddy found all his old 'model' type ships (think little Nina, Pinta, & Santa Maria types)... Carson loves to tell me, "I play boats." He always tells me, "Mommy, come on" when he wants me to sit on the floor and play with him.
He's OBSESSED with the March 2012 Texas Monthly magazine with a bunch of Southwest airplanes on it. Glad I didn't chunk that one when I threw out a bunch of other magazines.
"Argh...Matey" - We taught him this to say when he wears his pirate shirt from South Padre. There is usually a pause between the Argh and the Matey, which makes it funnier.
Counting in general... he says numbers with the cutest voice. He can count to 5 on his own and 10 with a little help. He sometimes skips around, but it's cute. He counts EVERYTHING.
Love this little booger and can't believe he'll be TWO in less than two weeks!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment