Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Faves!

1. Surviving (food-wise) while Andrew was gone ALL WEEK. Yes, I did cook even though my "ye of little faith" husband bought me Bagel Bites, egg rolls, and a Stouffers Lasagna as a "survival kit." I did eat some of those things just because they sounded good and I worked late, but I did bust out the "6 Ingredients or Less Diabetic Cookbook" and baked three different chicken recipes and cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot. I know it's not much, but I cooked. Period. And for that, I pat myself on the back. :-)

2. Surviving all week with a newly crawling baby. AND, no disasters. :-)

3. Staying up late and watching "that crap" on TV and not having anyone (um, Andrew) complaining about my television viewing choices.

4. A clean house (by my standards at least). My parents and grandparents are coming in this weekend, so I didn't want to embarrass myself.

5. Our (well, Andrew's) garden. We have more tomatoes than we know what to do with, the first big batch of fresh green beans has been picked, and everything else is coming along nicely.

6. Birdies. I've had this on here before, but I love to watch all the doves and other birds come to the feeder on the back fence.

7. Poop-Scooping. I feel way less white-trash after I finally did a massive poop-scoop in the backyard. One good thing about winter is that we don't have to mow, so poop-scoop duty isn't as intense. Different story now.

8. FINALLY ordering new hardware for the kitchen. We've had these ugly, white, very country-looking knobs since we've moved in. For some reason it took me 3 years to order new ones. Go me.

9. Painting our nightstands during lunch. Again, wanted to re-paint them (again) FOREVER and finally just swung into Ace yesterday and got the paint. Done in 15 minutes. Whoop.

10. Finally calling the Flip Video people to find out why the heck my camera pretty much hasn't worked since day one. Defect battery pack. Thank goodness I have a phone and another camera with video. Now, to just send it off to get a new one. Baby steps.

2 comments:

  1. HA HA HA! I always watch "that crap" when Nick is out of town. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun (and productive) week! go you! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete