Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Over It...

Teething, that is.

I know I should be thankful that Carson is knocking this teething thing out all at one time, but I tell you...it is rough. For everyone.

He has just been downright whiny all week. Very needy. Which, on the positive side has allowed me to get extra snuggles and rocking time! :-)

Normally when we put him down at night, it's a piece of cake. He's out until morning. Not now. We've had several nights in the last week where he woke up SCREAMING around 11pm. Just hysterical. Last night was one of those nights, except this one went on for over an hour. During the previous episodes, I made a small bottle and rocked him back to sleep. Done. No big deal. Well, I rocked him back to sleep three times last night. He was OUT in my arms, so I put him back in the crib. Minutes later...SCREAMING. So, again I rocked him to sleep. Minutes later...SCREAMING. We did this three times. He didn't really want to take a bottle. He wanted the sucking part, but not the liquid part. He just couldn't calm himself. This is when I really wish he still took a pacifier. Normally, he's happy to suck on his bear, but he did NOT want it. So, I broke the rule and made a couple ounce bottle, put him in his crib, gave it to him, and let him fall asleep with it. It was the only thing that seemed to work. I went in and took it out once he was alseep and he hadn't really drank hardly any of it, he just wanted to suck on it. Hello, kid. A pacifier would do the same thing. Luckily, he was out after that, over an hour later.

This morning, I had to laugh. The bed head was fantastic, I wish I had taken a picture. It wasn't really funny, because I know it was because he was exhausted, but it looked like he had been out drinking last night and was having rough morning. With the hair, circles under his eyes, and just flat out tired look across his face, he was a sight to see. Poor, sweet Carson. It'll get better soon.

Here's a picture during happier times, at Target with Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment